SUMMER BLOOMS AND HENRY CORNISH ALMS HOUSES
The alms houses were bequeathed to eight ‘honest and godly’ widows by one Henry Cornish in 1640. His dedication is still clearly visible above the dormer window of the middle cottage in the header picture shown here.
Right now, the alms houses are set off beautifully by the lush hollyhocks, and a print of this will on display at the Visions show at Chipping Norton Theatre, which runs from September 4-24, 2013.
Visit the Chipping Norton Theatre here.